Falling in love with fall
“Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
1. Football season officially kicks off. It goes without saying that fall means football in the South.
2. Less humidity. I get it, we are in the South, and I love warm weather as much as the next southerner; however, the crisp temperatures of autumn are a much needed respite after a long hot summer.
3. Speaking of weather, fall means sweater weather. The outfit choices are endless. You now get to wear layers, scarves, hoodies, boots, sweaters and jackets. Who doesn’t love that?
4. Thanksgiving. It’s a warm time spent with family and friends. Oh and turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese, enough said.
5. Beautiful scenery. Maybe it is just me but I will never get tired of the vibrant bright red and yellow leaves covering all the trees. And autumn just wouldn’t be complete without orange pumpkins and golden hay bales.
6. Fall food. Having fresh fruit in the summer is amazing but let’s be real, nothing can take the place of the comfort food that goes with fall like hot apple cider, cranberry sauce, hot chocolate, caramel apples and pumpkin pie.
7. Fall activities. There are fall festivals, Halloween, the S.C. State Fair, Scarowinds, apple-picking, tailgating, pumpkin-carving. The possibilities are endless.
8. The smells. From cinnamon-scented candles burning to a warm dish baking in the oven to a Starbucks pumpkin spice latte under your nose, the smells of autumn are the best.
9. Last but not least, after fall comes to an end, Christmas is right around the corner!